Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This Is Our Noise!

Good morning everyone!

A few months ago, I bought the biography of Merge Records, but yesterday I really got some time to read it, which resulted in me having weird dreams about bands and record labels. The book provides a lot of old photos from when the record label started up 20 years ago, and is just a very interesting look into the indie scene of yesteryear. One of my favorite bands on the Merge label is the Magnetic Fields, and today I wanted to showcase this great band. This band was also part of my dream last night, where I walked into a record shop and asked for the re-released 3LP by the Athletic Fields, only to correct myself seconds later...I suppose now I at least have a great name if I ever decide to start a Magnetic Fields tribute band. Song is: "I Don't Want to Get Over You" off of 69 Love Songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment