Friday, May 21, 2010

Retro Friday - This song is magical

Ridiculously awesome guitar solos? CHECK. Unreal drum fills? CHECK. Yodeling? CHECK?? A sweet whistling solo? CHECK?!

I first discovered this song while rocking out to the local classic rock station in my friends dad's car in High School. Upon discovering this song a group of 5 of us decided we would call said radio station non-stop the next night for 2 hours straight until they promised to play the song... and it worked! They even recorded my friend Tate asking to hear this magical song on the air.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you "Hocus Pocus" by the band Focus:




On a side note, check out this tight new Nike commercial featuring my song of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE&feature=youtu.be

3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious and truly awesome. Thanks Hugh! I couldn't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! NEW FAVORITE SONG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone would like to join me, I am planning on starting a Focus tribute band.

    ReplyDelete