Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Time to Escape...to Retroland!

Welcome back to Retro Friday!

Today is gloomy. I'm still pissed at my neighbors and now the construction workers who are deciding to go ahead and work in the rain. Boo on them! No one likes the sound of drilling, hammering and truck-beeping so early in the morning. But instead of continuing my cranky streak, I'd like to escape to a place I visited earlier this year: Maui. And while in Maui, I became obsessed with a song that let me escape even further back; back to 1979. This song always makes me think of Maui and also of drinking piña coladas. So, if you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain, then you're the one I've looked for, come with me, and ESCAPE!! Oh Rupert Holmes, you wrote the perfect one-hit wonder. Mahalo!

Sidenote: I found a live version where the Village People introduced him, but that video got taken down, so this little homemade ditty will have to do.

1 comment: