Friday, May 28, 2010

Retro Friday...Did I Stutter?!!

Guten Morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

I don't know why but I woke up super early this morning, and am unable to fall right back asleep, so I figured I'd get y'all an old school jam before the darkness takes me again...you can tell I'm tired. Anyways...

Elastica is a band from I don't know where, England somewhere, but in middle school I absolutely adored them. I wanted to be Justine Frischmann (and still sorta do) so badly, I mean, she was dating Damon Albarn (so cute, and kind of talented), then went on to break his heart and he made a great breakup album (Blur-13). And if you listen carefully to the lyrics of "Stutter", you can maybe decifer just why Damon didn't make the cut:) Elastica came, conquered and then peaced the F out, but they left one of the greatest albums of all time, at least in my eyes, and it's one that I return to again and again. I constantly thank my middle school self for getting into this band, because it's music that makes me happy and lets me rock out. So, even though it's pretty late retro (1993), here's Elastica with "Stutter".

No comments:

Post a Comment