Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer is a Callin'

And I'm a answerin'.

Wow, is it a beautiful day or what? I wanted to choose a song that really reflects the weather outside. This is a band that everyone probably knows by now. Their debut record may have been the most hyped album of 2007. By the time the follow-up came out, people had chosen to either love them or hate them. They started out indie but blew up so fast and got very popular; frat boys especially love them, and you know how hipsters hate it when their beloved music appeals to the masses.

Now you either like their afro-pop by way of NYC prepsters or you just think they rip off Paul Simon. So I guess today I'm just taking a chance. Here's Vampire Weekend with "Cousins". (Sidenote: Ezra Koenig, the singer, could be my cousin)

No comments:

Post a Comment