Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'll Believe in Anything...

"Give me your eyes/I need sunshine."

What a great and truly strange line that comes from my song today. The band is Wolf Parade, and the song is "I'll Believe in Anything." I used to always listen to this song over and over again if I ever found myself in a really crappy mood and needed to get out of it. It has loud synths and Spencer Krug's yelps, and apparently these are the elements that make me happy.

The warm weather has brought out my pesky and obnoxious neighbors who like to stay up really really late on the shared patio and just be really loud. Now, I'll certainly be loud in my apartment, but I respect the shared space. So for the last few nights, I've gone to bed angry, and we all know that's never good, so today I'm taking action not only by contacting management with a strongly worded anonymous letter, but I'll be blasting this song all day, hopefully to the chagrin of my neighbors.

2 comments:

  1. these guys are great live. they're playing pitchfork's fest on saturday... worth checking out

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! i will definitely be there! i saw them at the metro right after this album came out. possibly in my top 5 live shows of all time.

    ReplyDelete