Friday, May 21, 2010

Retro Friday with Til Tuesday

Everyone who reads this blog likely knows what a huge Aimee Mann fan I am. Before she got famous for her songwriting chops on Magnolia, she was in an 80s pop band called Til Tuesday and this is their biggest (ahem, only) hit, "Voices Carry". The subject matter is a little dark, but somehow with this video, domestic violence turns into something one can sort of laugh at.

Key quotes from the aggressor in this video include, "What's with the hair?" and "This little hobby of yours has gone too far" and an acute look of disgust when he realizes that Aimee has kept her obscenely long rat-tail (I guess not everything from the 80s was totally awesome).

Happy Friday everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I learned something today - I had no idea that Aimee Mann was in Til Tuesday, crazy! Good pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i'm glad to show that I have a very good uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed.

    I such a lot undoubtedly will make sure to don?
    t forget this website and provides it a look on a
    relentless basis.

    Have a look at my blog post ... party sex videos

    ReplyDelete