Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Someone Else's Life

I love listening to NPR's All Songs Considered for both the new music they showcase as well as the nerdy, music-centered banter between the hosts. On their 2009 music-in-review show, I was lucky enough to remember this artist, Patrick Watson. You see, most of the time, I'll listen to the show and then completely forget what I liked, and am then too lazy to go back and check, but this song really stuck with me.
"Beijing" is a song about waking up and first realizing you have someone else's arms, legs, etc., until finally seeing you have someone else's life, but only to "take a break" from yours. It's a concept that's been around forever, wanting to see what life is like in someone else's shoes, but Watson presents it in a very new and interesting way.
I should also mention that this isn't the original version of the song, but in this live version the percussionist is pretty damn sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment