Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Under the Covers Vol. 2

Hello!
I hope that everyone had a fantastic long weekend. I know I did. I was lucky enough to go to a wedding where the bride and groom danced their first dance to a modern classic by Neutral Milk Hotel. How cool is that? Congrats Brian and Allison...you totally rock!

"In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" is the second and final album by Neutral Milk Hotel, a band that was helmed by Jeff Mangum, and was one of the most successful records the MERGE label had ever put out. Jeff got tired of the fame that went along with success, even on the small scale (he's not cut out to be J.Lo), and soon faded out of the spotlight, along with his band. The legacy lives on though, so much so that my fave band of the moment, Fanfarlo, put up this beautiful cover of the title song off of that classic album. When two things this beautiful collide, I can't help but feel pure happiness, that goes for the song and the artist, as well as the bride and groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment