Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Huge Band of Musicians Cometh!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! I've been following all the World Cup action, and it's all very exciting; but I'm not going to try and tie a song in with it because when I did that last week, it did nothing to help my team out; in fact, maybe it's my fault they lost. Ah, self-centeredness...

Instead, I'd like to showcase a band of roving tree huggers who, thankfully, don't seem quite as religious as the Polyphonic Spree with their white robes and long Jesus hair. But, they aren't quite as good or handsome as Sufjan Stevens and his large group of musicians who toured for Illinoise. But they are, indeed, a ridiculously large number of musicians in one band, all singing and clapping and swinging their dreads around. It's not my favorite schtick, the whole "let's have a band with 25 people in it!", but this song is just plain good.

Here is Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros with "40 Day Dream"

No comments:

Post a Comment