Monday, June 14, 2010

Chopsticks from Japan

Happy Monday everyone!!

I'd like to thank our guest contributer from last week, Liam McPoyle, for filling in and doing such a great job! I'll be looking for someone to take over my spot for a few days next week, so please let me know if you're up for it!

I'm already warning you that this week will probably be a little slower for me songwise, and by that I mean I'll probably be posting some slower songs because I feel I've been neglecting some of them.

Today's song is called "Airplanes" by Local Natives. These guys will be playing at Pitchfork this summer as well as at Lincoln Hall, and I have the pleasure to see them at both venues. Yahoo! Great harmonies and percussion are hard for me to pass up, and when the lyrics talk about teaching abroad, it just softens my heart immediately. If you like the song, I recommend checking out the rest of their stuff as well because it's all really, really good and quite addicting.

(If the video doesn't show up, just press play and it should pop up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment