Wednesday, June 2, 2010

This Isn't Your Typical Kids Music

Today's pick is a risk, I'll admit that. This is a group called The Ready, but they don't really exist. It is a band formed by a bunch of girls who went to a rock n roll summer camp, where I assume they got together and wrote rock songs. I wish I could have gone to something like this growing up. The song/video is from a DVD series called Burn to Shine. For this volume, Chris Funk (Decemberists) handpicked a bunch of Portland bands to play a live song in a house that is condemned to be destroyed. You get to watch all the bands play, then get to watch the fire department come in and burn down the house. It's a pretty fun series...Other cities include D.C., Chicago, and Seattle.

So, here is The Ready with "For All You Know". I'm telling you. Pretty impressive for a bunch of 11 yr. olds.

2 comments:

  1. 1) where is Jack Black?
    2) i'm pretty sure the keyboardist is as good as a number of 'professionals'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Jack Black would love this group of misfits.

    ReplyDelete