Monday, June 21, 2010

Sorry Hamilton!

I go to a lot of shows. Often times, there is a band I really like listening to - but then I check them out live and it isn't the same. However, sometimes I go to shows and the band completely blows my expectations out of the water. And then there are just a couple of bands who continually do that every time I see them. The Walkmen is definitely in that group. I've seen them about 6 times now and they never disappoint.

One of the most recent times seeing them was at Schubas, along with Vicky Vinegar, my buddy Kris, and his wife Michelle. Kris, having recently moved to Chicago, had never been to Schubas before, and was especially excited because the Walkmen was his all-time favorite band. The White Rabbits played a great opening set and then Kris went off to use the bathroom. We pointed him off towards the restrooms, but somehow he took a wrong turn and went up the back stairs. He came back and had a look of shock on his face... apparently he walked into a room where the Walkmen were just hanging out. He turned the corner and was face to face with Hamilton Leithauser, the lead singer, completely froze and all he could say was, "sorry Hamilton." He's forever bummed out that he could not think of something cool to say.

Anyways, my song today is "Four Provinces" by the Walkmen:

No comments:

Post a Comment