Thursday, September 16, 2010

Outsourcing Rant

I work with a lot of IT outsourcing houses in India. My #1 problem is the 15hr time difference. I've been up at 5am every day this week, drinking RedBull and listening to heated debates about programming architecture; all spoken in deep accents. Worst of all, I'm not a programmer so I have no idea what they're arguing about... even when I CAN understand the words.

The idea is you blend amazing Indian tech skills with American business know-how. We set the business case and requirements during our business day, and they program the shit out of it during our night.. and by 8amCST, we will have solved world hunger. It's this 'perfect solution' to provide round-the-clock efficiency. It never works this way.

That is wrong, it did work once. An American interpreter and an Indian dance troupe were blended into something spectacular. I suggest indulging in any kind of "experience enhancing" substances you might prefer before watching this.

No comments:

Post a Comment