Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Grew Up in a Small Town

So, here is a band called The Midwest Beat. I don't know too much about 'em, except, of course, that they are from Milwaukee. Yes, the Made in Milwaukee week is still happening. Upon finding this video for "Color Radio", I knew it was a catchy song but the vocals just don't quite make it into the mix, but the little that you can hear is good. I was about to say forget it and post a different song when at timestamp 1:56 I saw a familiar face. Someone I went to high school with. I had to re-watch that segment about 15 times but I'm pretty damn sure that Drew Delmenhorst is in this video. Yup, Milwaukee is a small town.

We also get a peek into one of the cool bars in Bayview, which is like the Wicker Park of Milwaukee, but minus all the douchebags and way more blue-collar. And the PBR is actually cheap!

1 comment:

  1. you can hear "Color Radio" (with audible vocals) at www.myspace.com/themidwestbeat

    ReplyDelete